JOHN BOEYE, M.D.
As co-founder and Medical Director of Sierra Doctors, Dr. Boeye’s extensive knowledge of emergency medicine and family practice provides an invaluable resource to our patients and professional staff alike. Dr. Boeye is Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and specializes in treating patients with mood disorders, ADD, and ADHD. Dr. Boeye lives in Newcastle with his wife where they raised three boys and now enjoy their many grandchildren, horses and dogs.
EDUCATION: JOHN BOEYE, M.D.
• 1994 – Board Certified Emergency Medicine
• 1969 – Surgery Internship, University Hospitals, Cleveland, OH
• 1968 – M.D. Case Western University Medical School, Cleveland, OH
• 1964 – B.A. Williams College, Willaimstown, MA
Christopher Campbell, D.O.
Dr. Chris Campbell has joined Sierra Doctors Medical Staff in a part time capacity. He enjoys Preventative Health, Anti-aging Medicine, Allergy Medicine, and Sports Medicine. Dr. Campbell previously practiced with Sutter North Medical Group and Feather Downs Family Practice in Yuba City. He lives in Rocklin with his Wife.
EDUCATION - Christopher Campbell, D.O.
• 1995 – Board Certified – Family Practice
• 1994 – Internship and Residency – Family Practice, Portland, OR
• 1991 – D.O. New York Institute of Technology, College of Medicine, NY
• 1987 – B.A. Biology, Alfred University, NY
Carina Gonzalez, M.D.
Dr. Carina Gonzalez brings Sierra Doctors exceptional experience as a family practice physician. Originally from Argentina, Dr. Gonzalez is fluent in Spanish as well as English. Her passion is for preventative health as well as women’s health. She enjoys working in harmony with peers and staff and fits in very well with the culture of Sierra Doctors. She previously practiced at Travis Air Force Base in the Flight Medicine Clinic and for the Sutter Gould Medical Foundation. Dr. Gonzalez is board eligible in Family Practice and will be taking her Boards in April. She enjoys kayaking.
EDUCATION - Carina Gonzalez, M.D.
• 2004 – Bella Vista Family Practice Residency Program, Mayaguez, PR, USA
• 1994– M.D. Facultad de Medicina, Rosario & SantaFe, Argentina
• 1985– Bachelors in Biology, Gral San Martin, Argentina
Alexandra Bernasconi, PA-C
Alex lives in Nevada City with her husband. Following her certification as a Physician Assistant, she worked at Sierra Family Medical Clinic in Nevada City. She has experience in minor trauma, women’s health, chronic disease management, and mental health. Alex enjoys hiking, gardening and swimming.
EDUCATION - Alexandra Bernasconi, PA-C
• 2011- Western University of Health Sciences, CA Certified Physician Assistant
• 2008- California Polytechnic State University, CA B.A. Nutrition/Biological Sciences
Jeffrey Topo, PA-C
Jeffrey enjoys the full spectrum of patient care. He works in the Emergency Department of Rideout Memorial Hospital as well as Sierra Doctors. His background in Emergency Medicine is a wonderful asset for our urgent care patients. Jeffrey lives in Roseville with his wife and daughter where he enjoys trail running and spending time with his family.
EDUCATION - Jeffrey Topo, PA-C
• 2010– Samuel Merritt University, CA Master Physician Assistant
• 2006– North Coast Medical Training EMT, NREMT-B
• 2004- UC Davis, CA Bachelors Degree Exercise BiologyA
AMANDA WELVAERT, P.A.C.
Amanda obtained her B.A. in Science from Menlo College in Atherton, CA, and she graduated from UC Davis School of Medicine FNP/PA Program. Amanda has experience in pediatrics, emergency medicine, infectious disease/HIV & Women’s Health. Amanda worked with a volunteer mobile outreach clinic in Uganda, Africa
EDUCATION - AMANDA WELVAERT, P.A.C.
• 2010 Certified Physician Assistant, UC Davis School of Medicine, CA
• 2000 B.A. Science, Menlo College, CA
MARGIE BOEYE, CEO
• Margie Boeye, R.N.
• Co-founder and Administrator of Sierra Doctors Medical Group, Inc.
• Margie previously served as Director of Nursing Emergency Department, St. Joseph’s Medical Center, Burbank, CA.
• National Education Director for AmeriCare, Inc.
• 1971 – 1973 California State University, Los Angeles, CA
• 1968 – 1970 Los Angeles Valley College Associate of Medicine, Registered NurseMargie has enjoyed management and clinical teaching all of her career but values most her time with patients and family.